(HealthDay News) -- Hormones can trigger many pregnancy discomforts, including itching on the belly, palms of the hands and soles of the feet.
The Womenshealth.gov website lists these suggestions to help ease itching during pregnancy:
- Wash skin with a mild, gentle cleanser.
- Moisturize with a rich moisturizing cream.
- Make sure the water in your bath or shower isn't too hot.
- Don't wear fabrics that are itchy.
- See your doctor if you don't see improvement after a week of using these treatments.
-- Diana Kohnle
Health News Copyright © 2013 HealthDay. All rights reserved.